Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Criminal Acts of Entertainment: I Know Who Killed Me

*possible spoilers*

Tonight I watched I Know Who Killed Me starring Lindsay Lohan...it left me feeling violated and abused. That is not a good feeling.
I know it's easy to see Lindsay Lohan's name attached to something and give a sort of pre-emptive inner cringeI started to feel uncomfortable from the start.

Very early on in the movie we see Lindsay Lohan giving the most unconvincing stripper act I've ever seen...Has this girl ever been to a titty bar? Do a little research before hand, and if you're playing a stripper but you never get nekkid, just leave out the stripper scenes and allude to your former profession.

Next we see that stripper girl is a "promising writer" tho she seems barely able to read out loud, and a budding musician, which is equally unconvincing. What the hell is going on here? we wonder...a whole hell of a lot actually. Some cockamamie bullshit or so later it all unfolds. This, my friends, is no sixth sense, it broadcasts it's "twist" almost from the start.

No finesse, subtlety seems to have been considered a four lettered word on this production.

I could have forgiven Lindsay's flawless wooden delivery. Seeing her as a double amputee almost seemed to make up for that. The double amputee sex scene....mind boggling. All of this could have been forgiven; but the utter inanity, the relentless disregard for intelligent story telling gave me that dirty feeling inside.

WHY? why would someone make this movie. It is made a much more horrorful experience as you feel the sincerity with which this drivel was made. It has that love-child feeling, that feeling that the players in this fiasco really believed in what they were doing, and that they were approaching it with all the seriousness of making an actual good movie.

Even the ending was worthless. Although it did hold a bittersweet allure, in that it meant the caca posing as art was over. Utter crap. Everyone who was involved in this shit fest should be flogged...except for LiLo...forgive her oh lord for she knows now what she do.

2 comments:

Trash Talking Bastard 9.0 said...

I was stopping by and checking out your kick ass blog. But Shiki.....why this movie?! I could have told you this movie was pure shit! Bad story, bad acting, just an excuse to have gory kill scenes. But yet..........artistic! My bowel movment had more artful meaning than this waste of a studios dollars! If you could grab shit out of a toilet and turn it into film. Then this movie is it! I wish I could send you a $10.00 check for your troubles.
I'm outta here!

NonyMouse said...

yep, you did give warning, but I can't resist crappy movies TTB. I watched it for free on the internet tho so it didn't take my $$$...only my dignity.